What you should reasonably expect from our Practice
- To receive a copy of the Practice Booklet detailing the services offered by the Practice and how to access them. This booklet to be updated on a regular basis and to be available on display or upon request
- To be treated with courtesy and confidentiality by all members of staff who will be identified to you by the wearing of a name badge.
- To be offered a consultation in the event of an emergency on the day you request it if your need is urgent. However, this may not be with your registered Doctor. That, where possible, routine appointments will be made with your usual Doctor in order to maintain continuity of care.
- To have a home visit if you are too ill to attend the surgery, making your request before 10.30am unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing this. Urgent visits at other times will be dealt with appropriately. You may not be visited by your usual Doctor but you may be assured that it will be a Doctor who is a partner of, or a Doctor employed by, the Bourne Galletly Practice unless the call is received out of normal opening hours in which case the Doctor advising or visiting will be a member of the approved Out of Hours Service.
- To have access to your medical records within the defined legal limitations.
- To be referred to a hospital for further investigation in agreement with your Doctor.
- To have a routine, authorised repeat prescription requests dealt with if given notice of two working days.
- Surgeries and Clinics to start on time, informing you if, for any reason, your appointment is delayed.
- To have the right not to participate in GP Registrar/Medical Student training.
- To be made aware of the work of the Patient Participation Group and of the names of its Committee members, these being displayed permanently on their own notice board in the waiting rooms and available on the Practice website.
- To have any problems you may encounter listened to, and dealt with promptly and sympathetically in the first instance by Mr Ian Robinson, Business Partner.
Sign-In To Your
Opening Hours (Mon-Fri):
Surgeries: 8.30am - 6.00pm
& 6.30pm - 8.00pm Monday to Friday (
Reception: 8.15am - 6.00pm
8.00am - 6.30pm
8.30am - 6.00pm
Phlebotomy (Blood Tests):
8.40am to 11.40am (transport of specimens to the lab limits the service times)