In case of emergency please call 07711 596 742

How To: Request A Sick Note

Sickness Certificates

You do not require a doctor’s sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven days or less. Your employer may, however, require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.

Self-certification Form (SC2): ⇓ DOWNLOAD HERE

Evidence that you are sick

If you are sick for more than seven days, your employer can ask you to give them some form of medical evidence to support payment of SSP (Statutory Sick Pay).

It is up to your employer to decide whether you are incapable of work. A medical certificate, now called a ‘Statement of Fitness for Work’ from your doctor is strong evidence that you are sick and would normally be accepted unless there is evidence to prove otherwise.

If your employer has any doubts, they may still ask for a medical certificate from your GP.

To Your

How do I:

Opening Hours (Mon-Fri):


Surgeries: 8.30am – 6.00pm
– Late Thursday 6.30pm – 8.00pm
– Early Tuesday 7.00am – 8.00am
Reception: 8.15am – 6.00pm

Telephone lines:

8.00am – 6.30pm


8.30am – 6.00pm

Phlebotomy (Blood Tests):

8.40am to 11.40am (transport of specimens to the lab limits the service times)

Closed Bank Holidays