How To: Register as a Carer
It is estimated that 6.5million people are carers, supporting a loved one who is older, disabled or seriously ill. That’s 1 in 8 people. Our loved ones are living longer with illness or disability, more and more of us are looking after them. Round the clock, a few hours a week, live in, miles away – caring has a big impact on us and our lives.
Caring is so important, it makes us human, holds friends and family together and empowers our loved ones. You are making an enormous contribution to society.
You may feel stretched to the limit – juggling care with your own commitments or struggling with poor health or financial concerns yourself.
At Bourne Galletly Medical Practice we believe that caring for you is as important as caring for our unwell patients. Registering you as a carer enables us to regularly check on your health, offer you access to vaccinations, easier appointments, refer you for help when you need it. Here is how we can help:
- We will contact you once a year to ask how you are and see how we can help
- We have a Facebook Carers Group you are welcome to join (Bourne Galletly Medical Practice Carers’ Support)
- Our PPG have produced a leaflet on community support, please pick one up or call and we can send one to you
- We can help you to access a carers assessment, please ask your GP if you need some help.
- Here are some numbers you may find helpful
Telephone: 0808 8087777
Community Nursing Service
Telephone: 01778 394185
Macmillan Nursing Service
Telephone: 01778 573799
Telephone: 01522 782224
Social Prescribing at Galletly Practice
Carers Connect – working with carers in Lincolnshire
How do I:
Opening Hours (Mon-Fri):
Monday to Friday: 8.30am - 6.00pm &
6.30pm - 6.30pm (pre booked appointments only)
Saturday: 9.00 - 12noon (pre booked appointments only)
Reception: 8.15am - 6.00pm
8.00am - 6.30pm
8.30am - 6.00pm
Phlebotomy (Blood Tests):
8.40am - 11.40am (transport of specimens to the lab limits the service times)
40 North Road, Bourne, PE10 9BT
40 North Road,
Bourne, PE10 9BT