COVID-19 Coronavirus Information

Following recent government advice we are open for essential NHS services only.

  • All GP appointments will be triaged by telephone to ensure that our patients and staff are protected, and to ensure that we can maintain a service for patients in the upcoming months. Call 01778 562200 option 1 to book a telephone appointment
  • Your medication, or long term condition review, will be conducted via telephone consultation
  • Only urgent and essential blood tests requested by your GP or hospital consultant will be carried out
  • Dressings and injections will continue
  • We strongly suggest that you sign up to the NHS app, we will be starting to use video calling very soon.
  • Dispensary collections – one person may come into the practice at a time to collect prescriptions. Please buzz on arrival and adhere to social distancing rules when queueing outside

If you, or a household contact have a new, continuous cough, a fever, loss of smell or loss of taste you should self-isolate for 14 days and visit the 111 or Government website for further advice. Anyone over the age of 5 can be tested for coronavirus by following the link below.

Contact with NHS staff should be urgent only.

Thank you for your understanding.

Teal Clinic

If 111 feel you need to be assessed by us with your cough or fever you will be asked to contact us. We will try to assess you remotely on the phone or using video calling if it may help.

If we feel we need to see you, you will be asked to leave self-isolation and come directly to the practice, returning home immediately afterwards.

  • We ask that you come alone if possible.
  • Please park at the far end of the car park (near our new extension) and wait in your car.
  • When we are ready we will call your mobile and ask you to come in through the double doors.
  • We will be wearing full personal protective equipment.
  • If you need a prescription you will need to ask a friend or a neighbour to collect it for you.

Seeing you this way means that you are safely assessed, our other (shielding) patients are safe and our community remains protected.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Extremely high risk patients and advice on shielding

Safety measures to shield patients who are at highest risk of admission and becoming very unwell if they catch coronavirus have been announced. Details can be found by clicking HERE or on the button below:

You will receive a letter from either NHS England or your GP surgery which will also be followed up with a text message where possible.

We are unable to help with queries relating to returning to work for shielding patients.  You should discuss a risk assessment with your employer and ensure your place of work is as safe as possible.

Q: My child is shielding, what should I do?

If you have received a letter advising that your child should be shielding then please follow the advice it contains and the links above.

We have considered this as a group of clinicians, there is no formal guidance but we feel you have two options.

1. Shield with your child – if your employer needs to see proof you can show your child’s shielding letter

2. If you are a key worker you could opt to move away from your child if another parent or carer can shield with them to enable you to continue working

There are very few children who have received a shielding letter, please feel free to call us to discuss the risk in more detail with your GP.

We are aware that some key workers are deciding to move away from their well children to reduce their risks. If you would like advice on this please speak with your GP.

Q: The person I informally care for is shielding, what should I do?

  • If you are caring for someone who is extremely vulnerable due to severe illness from COVID-19, there are some simple steps that you can take to protect them and to reduce their risk at the current time. Ensure you follow advice on good hygiene:
  • only care that is essential should be provided
  • wash your hands on arrival and often, using soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser
  • cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
  • put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
  • do not visit or provide care if you are unwell and make alternative arrangements for their care
  • provide information on who they should call if they feel unwell, how to use NHS 111 online coronavirus service and leave the number for NHS 111 prominently displayed
  • find out about different sources of support that could be used and accessing further advice on creating a contingency plan is available from Carers UK
  • look after your own wellbeing and physical health during this time. Further information on this is available.

Q: How do I receive medical care?

If you are shielding normal clinical services will continue and patients will receive care at home, virtually or to be bought safely into clinical areas where they can be managed.

Q: What about other people in my house?

Other household members don’t need to shield but should follow Public Health England guidance on distancing. This can be found HERE or by clicking the button below:

Carers (formal and informal) can still visit but must follow the same measures on social distancing as above.

We are assured that, via a network of local hubs, medicines will be delivered by community pharmacists and food will be delivered by local councils and the food industry.

Q: How do I access help with food and medication whilst I am unwell or shielding?

You can self-refer to the NHS volunteer responders service by calling 0808 196 3646 between 8am – 8pm to receive short term help. More advice on how to access help with food and medication can be found by clicking the button below:

Q: How do I get local help?

Advice on how to access help with food and medication can be found by clicking the buttons below:


Waterside Garden Centre –

  • 01778 560000
  • Local delivery only
  • Offering a wide range of food deliveries to local people

Lambert Rustic Foods

  • 07462 159172
  • Delivery in Bourne
  • Home-cooked ready meals, food is freezable and produce locally sourced

Oober Vegetables

  • Facebook Page
  • 07368 102795
  • Delivery in Bourne
  • Delivery of fruit and vegetables to your home

South Lincs Foodservice –

  • 01205 460700
  • Home Delivery
  • No trade account required – Delivering a range of foods to your home

Meals on Wheels

  • 01778 421422
  • Home Delivery
  • 2 course hot meal at lunch, light tea for evening meal

Pilgrim Food Service

  • 01205 312700
  • Order and Collect
  • Storecupboard essentials and freezer food, collect without leaving your car as its carefully loaded into your boot safely

The Butterfield Centre

  • 01778 421422
  • Home Delivery
  • Will deliver hot meals Mon-Fri (Friday’s delivery will ensure weekend meals are available to store and re-heat)

Milk and More –

  • Home Delivery
  • Milk, bread, toilet rolls etc for home delivery

Don’t Lose Hope

  • 01778 420762
  • Mobile Shop
  • Will be able to deliver food and household essentials to those in Bourne/surrounding villages from a mobile shop

Horseshoe Pub –

  • 01778 421576
  • Home Delivery
  • Fresh fruit and vegetable service delivered in a reasonable distance

The Veg Ladies –

  • Home Delivery
  • Fruit and vegetables along with bread, eggs and milk

The Catering

  • Home Delivery
  • Online shop for bakery, ready meals etc Delivery free for orders over £20 – Tuesday and Friday delivery PE10 postcodes

Inside Out Market Deeping

  • 01778 347500
  • Home Delivery
  • Deliveries of pet food, cleaning items and pet supplies for vulnerable and elderly only

Dan’s Fruit and Veg

  • 07427 165038
  • Home Delivery
  • Can deliver fruit, veg and salad items

Fen Farm (Sleaford) –

  • 01529 42127
  • Home Delivery
  • Offering home delivery of meats and other items to those in Bourne – Delivery £5.00

Alec Day Butchers

  • 01778 422281
  • Home Delivery
  • Meat and vegetables deliveries
Further Support

SKDC Community

  • 01476 406177
  • 8am – 10pm 7 days a week for vulnerable or those that need asistance due to age or ill health. (for those in receipt of Government letter only)

Lincolnshire County Council –

  • Request support for getting food deliveries or essential supplies like food

Community Helpline Haconby/Stainfield –

  • Help to set up online shopping, collecting prescriptions, walking the dog or someone to talk to.


  • Age 3-5, fee-paying, temp basis, able to provide childcare in the local area on temp basis for local people to Bourne

Starsmore Group – Baston

  • 01778 561612
  • Prescriptions taken and medications collected, help with people feeling anxious and worried.

Rippingale Support Group

  • 07856 986251
  • Sue Charlton
  • Support for anyone self-isolating living in Rippingale – Please leave a message and a volunteer will call you back

Age UK

  • 0345 564144
  • Over 65’s offering 21 meals for £20 (7 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 7 dinners )- delivered to your home – menu choice available

Coronavirus Volunteers (Northorpe/Thurlby)

  • 07494 077083
  • Offering support to those in the local area that are self-isolating


  • 01780 765900
  • Doorstep support service for those self-isolating – Help with shopping and prescriptions – Covers Bourne

Lincolnshire Resilence Forum

  • 01522 782189
  • For those sheilding, will offer help through a volunteer scheme with shopping, prescriptions, dog-walking and support

Lincolnshire resilience forum

01522 782189

The Lincolnshire Resilience Forum has set up a ‘Community and Volunteer Cell’ to link up both volunteers and people in need of help in Lincolnshire. Once registered, they will link up volunteers who will be able to provide people with assistance with things like shopping, getting prescriptions, dog-walking and a friendly chat.

Q: How can I help other people who are unwell or vulnerable?

Here is some information on how to help friends, family and neighbours in isolation safely:

Mental Health Help

Coronavirus and your wellbeing

Guidance for the public on the mental health and wellbeing aspects of coronavirus

Don’t Lose Hope Café

Don’t Lose Hope now have our mental health support line operational. This is being staffed Monday to Friday 9 – 5 by their counselling team and trained listeners. If you feel you need someone to talk to, or need advice about a relative or friend you can call for a free chat.

Don’t Lose Hope would like to try and keep the support for our own community as much as possible. If you would like the number please email or message their facebook page and they will give you the number.

Lincolnshire Mental Health Helpline

0800 001 4331

A new confidential mental health and emotional wellbeing helpline.

The helpline is available 24/7 and can provide emotional support, advice and guidance if you are feeling low, anxious or stressed, and think you might benefit from speaking to someone.

By calling 0800 001 4331 you can speak to a member of a highly trained and experienced team of support workers who will be able to provide appropriate support.

“We want people to know that it’s ok not to be ok. Even the most resilient of us may sometimes struggle, especially in times like now with the increased uncertainty and the need for some people to avoid social contact. Whatever you are struggling with, the mental health and emotional support helpline for Lincolnshire is here for you.”

Access To A Dentist

Access to NHS Dentistry is currently limited during the pandemic as all dentists have been asked to stop all routine “face-to-face” dental care.

However, if you need urgent dental care, help is at hand. CALL your dental practice. They will give you advice over the telephone and make arrangements for you if you need to be seen.

If you don’t have a dentist, find your nearest dentist and CALL them. You can search for your nearest dentist at:

You can also contact NHS 111:

Call: 111


You can ask for a translator if you need one. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you’re deaf, you can use the NHS 111 British Sign Language service: or call 18001 111 on a textphone.

Do not worry if you have COVID-19 symptoms, appropriate arrangements can be made to see you if you need urgent dental care.

Queries about returning to school

Please see document below

Testing for symptomatic children

The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has written a policy on children returning to school which is helpful – here is the link:

We have summarised the advice for you:

o   We expect colds and similar viral infections to circulate as children return to school, it is important to know who needs to remain off school and be tested and who can continue going to school and not be tested for COVID-19.

o   Less than 10% of children with COVID-19 are found to have runny noses or sore throats, 39% have a cough and 70% have a fever.

o   Children are half as likely to be infected with COVID-19 as adults, the evidence of transmission is extremely reassuring.  Children pass on COVID-19 far less than adults do.

o   In countries, such as Sweden, Iceland and Denmark, where schools were not closed or opened early, teachers do not have higher rates of COVID-19.

Who needs a test?

  • The Royal College of Paediatrics and Public Health England suggests that, from the evidence available, children with simple cold symptoms such as runny noses or sore throats, without a fever, who would normally have continued going to school throughout their illness, do not need testing for COVID-19.
  • Testing should be done in anyone with:
  • A new, continuous cough
  • A fever or high temperature
  • A loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste

To order or book a test visit the 111 website or call 119

We have no access to tests for you and cannot book them for you.


Antibody testing

The government has announced a national antibody testing programme.

Antibody tests are used to detect antibodies to the COVID-19 virus to see if you have previously had the virus. The test is done on a blood sample. This is different to the swab that is done to test if you currently have the virus.

We have been informed that hospital staff are being prioritised for testing, but that clinicians will be able to request the tests for patients in the community “if they think it’s appropriate”.

Can I have the test?

We have been informed that GPs should offer Covid-19 antibody testing to patients who are having bloods taken for other reasons, if the patient wishes to know if they have had the virus.

It is important to remember that blood tests are still only being done if they are considered essential in an effort to reduce face to face contacts during this stage of the COVID-19 pandemic.

What can I do with the knowledge that I have had COVID-19?

The result of an antibody test will not allow you to make changes to your behaviour, such as easing social distancing or ignoring government advice on gatherings. There is no strong evidence to suggest that those who have had the virus develop long-term immunity which would prevent them getting the virus again. It is also important to be aware that those with antibodies can still pick up, carry and pass on the virus to other people they are in contact with from contaminated surfaces.

The antibody tests therefore currently are in place to provide data on who has had the virus in our population and to allow a greater understanding of the spread of the virus.


Regardless of the results you will not currently be able to alter your activities. You must comply with government advice, respect social distancing measures and current restrictions in place.