In case of emergency please call 07711 596 742
How To: Order a Repeat Prescription
Order Repeat Prescriptions online through Patient Access
This is the easiest and most reliable service to use. Patient Access is available to all our registered patients. Once registered you can order repeat prescriptions online.
Before you can access any of our online services you must register for them.
To register for this service, please CLICK HERE for more information.
- Use our Patient Access to order the repeat prescriptions directly in your medical record. This service is available from 0300 to 2200 (not available during server backup). The order will then go for authorisation to the GP and then to our clerks to print out during opening hours. THIS IS THE EASIEST AND MOST RELIABLE SERVICE TO USE.
- Tick the drugs required on the repeat prescription form (right hand side of your previous form) and leave at reception. Opening hours only, but can be posted through the surgery letterbox when the surgery is closed.
- Telephone 01778 562200 Option 3 and leave a message on the answering machine with your full name, address and telephone number along with details of the medication you require. Available 24 hours daily but you can speak to a clerk from 10.00 to 12.00 hrs weekdays (please use sparingly as the clerk cannot process repeat prescriptions while dealing directly on the telephone).
- Obtain a special request form from reception and write the full details of repeat medication required and your name, date of birth and address on it. Available during opening hours only
- Post your repeat prescription form with required items ticked. Enclose a stamped addressed envelope if you wish the prescription to be sent to you. Postal service times need to be taken into account.
Please keep an eye on your review date – repeat prescriptions are not usually issued after the review date has expired.
Collecting your Repeat Prescriptions
At present you may collect your prescription from the following locations:
- Dispensary (registered dispensing patients only)
- Boots the Chemist in West Street, Bourne
- Well Pharmacy in Exeter Street, Bourne
- Tesco Pharmacy next to Elsea Park
- Reception (prescription forms which you can take to the pharmacy of your choice)
Information on Repeat Prescriptions
Repeat prescriptions are drugs that your doctor has marked as “repeatable”. Many prescriptions are “Acute” prescriptions and these are ONE-OFF courses. However, some conditions require medication to be taken regularly for long periods of time (or permanently) and these are the sorts of drugs which would be put on “Repeat”.
In order for repeat prescribing to be safe and as trouble free as possible, we have to stick to a few “rules”. We do not allow repeat ordering of “Acute” prescriptions. If you have been given an acute prescription and the problem has not resolved then you will need to see or speak with a clinician again as the medication may need to be changed.
A list of repeat prescriptions is printed out on the right hand side of the prescription form. The green side is the legal prescription; the white side is used by us to list your repeatable prescriptions. Keep this sheet for future reference. Always keep the latest one issued as this is the one that is up to date.
Underneath your repeat prescriptions is a “review date”. This is the date that your doctor wants you to come back to the surgery for a review. Keep an eye on this date as it may change – for instance new evidence may emerge that requires us to change your medication.
If you are on medication for long term conditions your review date will probably fall around your birthday.
Please note that our staff will go by what is listed as repeatable in your medical records – this list may change for a host of reasons between issues of your medication.
How do I:
Opening Hours (Mon-Fri):
Surgeries: 8.30am – 6.00pm
– Late Thursday 6.30pm – 8.00pm
– Early Tuesday 7.00am – 8.00am
Reception: 8.15am – 6.00pm
8.00am – 6.30pm
8.30am – 6.00pm
Phlebotomy (Blood Tests):
8.40am to 11.40am (transport of specimens to the lab limits the service times)
Closed Bank Holidays
40 North Road, Bourne, PE10 9BT
40 North Road,
Bourne, PE10 9BT