Comments and Complaints

12984036 s skopjeWe always try to give you the best services possible but there may be times when you feel this has not happened.  This leaflet explains what to do if you have a complaint about the services we provide for you at the Bourne Galletly Practice.

If you have any complaint or concern about any service that you have received from the Doctors or staff working for the Bourne Galletly Practice, you are entitled to ask for an explanation.

 We operate an informal, in-house complaints procedure to deal with your complaints and comments.  In some cases, the in-house procedure is not an appropriate form of investigation, in which case you will be referred to the appropriate authority.  Your complaint should be addressed to our Business Partner, Mr Ian Robinson, who will ensure that it is investigated thoroughly, fairly and as speedily as possible although, in some cases, it may take longer if we have to make further enquiries. If you prefer you can email   Mr Robinson will ensure that your complaint is investigated by the appropriate person within the Practice.  It is likely that, as a first step, the investigator will contact you directly to ensure that he or she fully understands your complaint.  The investigator will then interview appropriate members of the Practice staff and may inspect relevant documents

Please note that the Practice must ensure strict adherence to the rule of medical confidentiality.  We cannot provide confidential information without appropriate written authority if you are not the patient in question.  Please note there are restrictions on the information that can be released to a third party concerning deceased patients.  These restrictions will be explained to you by Mr Robinson.

At the conclusion of the investigation, your complaint will be discussed with you in detail.  If you are still not happy with the outcome and are not satisfied that we have dealt with the matter thoroughly, we will direct you to the appropriate authorities who will be able to help you.

The procedure does not affect your right to make a formal complaint to NHS England by emailing: or calling 0300 311 2233, nor does it affect your right to seek compensation in law.

Alternatively you may wish to contact the NHS Complaints Advocacy Service: POhWER Lincolnshire, tel: 0300 456 2370, email:  Both provide a free, confidential and independent service.  Alternatively, you may wish to contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman Helpline: 0345 015 4033.  Any contact with the HCC must be made within six months of completion of correspondence with the Practice.

We should also advise that under the NHS Complaints procedure you may address your complaint, should all avenues of local resolution become exhausted, to The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman who may be contacted at: 

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman,
Millbank Tower
Tel: 0345 015 4033
Fax 0300 061 4000

Photo © alexskopje

img109158      peterborough_hospitals_logo         choices-logo    patient_uk   Link to NHS Lincolnshire